Sunday, August 17, 2014

Davis Named 2014 Team MVP

Brandon Davis has been selected by his teammates as the Tampa Bay Rebels Team MVP for the 2014 season. Davis averaged 27.4 points, 4.7 rebounds, 2.2 steals, and 2 assists per game in the regular season. He shot 47.5% from downtown in a season that saw him hit 8 or more 3-pointers in a game 5 times. On July 19th, Davis scored a Florida Basketball Association record 49 points in a victory against the Florida Flight. That night, Davis connected on 12 of 18 attempts from beyond the arc and also made 9 of 11 free-throws.

Following that record-setting night, Davis was asked about his time with the Rebels and if his time with the team had helped him improve as a player. He responded, “Yes, it has given me more confidence. They let me play my game, and I am not just a 3-point shooter. My teammates encourage me when I touch the ball and no one complains about touches during the game. There is very strong competition that prepares me to go back to play in other pro leagues. It puts you to the test.”

To learn more about the Tampa Bay Rebels, please visit us online at www.tampabayrebels.com.